Walmart Interview Experience for Summer Internship
Walmart Labs came to BITS Goa for SIP 20-21. The process was a coding round followed by an interview. The coding round consisted of 25 MCQs and 1 coding question.
- MCQs were based on Math, DSA, DBMS, OOP, and Probability.
- The coding question was:
Given a number A, B is the product of all factors of A, C is the product of all prime factors of B, D is the number of factors of C.Find D%1000000007.
They shortlisted 17 students for interviews.
Round 2: Most interviews lasted for about 20-30 minutes they asked HR questions, basic Math, and DSA questions. Mine and another student’s interview lasted for about 1.5 hrs.
The interviewer asked me 4 questions, they were all puzzles and DSA.
- The first was ABCD*4 = DCBA, find ABCD(ABCD is a number ).
- Create a hash function for strings(made of lower-case English letters) of a fixed length(say n), such that there are no collisions in the hash function.
- Given a function that generates only 2 outcomes say 0 or 1 with equal probability and given a number n, create another function from it such that the new function generates numbers from 0 to n with equal probability.
- Let’s say you have to make a database that removes data from itself after a certain expiration period (say 5 years), how will you implement it?
I tried answering the last question using maps / timestamps, but he did not seem convinced, I required a hint for the 3rd question and was able to solve the first 2 questions on my own.
I asked the interviewer for feedback and what projects are assigned to the interns at Walmart Labs.
While giving the feedback he pointed out all the places where I could’ve improved myself, and because of that I thought that I might not receive an offer, but I did anyway 😉
Keep going on and don’t get disheartened if you don’t get selected, before this, I was rejected from Microsoft, Cisco, and Flipkart, but I pushed myself and eventually got selected.
Go rock the stage!!
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.