Walmart Interview Experience for SDE 2
I approached Walmart Labs when their recruitment drive was going on. As I was having 2 years of relevant experience they scheduled my interviews right away in the following week.
Round 1: Technical
Time: 1 Hour
This was a purely technical round. I was asked 2 medium size questions:
- Coin change (This was to count in how many ways we could end up the target amount)
I was able to code both the questions on a notepad on screen share. for the second question, I have started with recursion and then move to Dynamic Programming as It seems easier to move from recursion to Dynamic Programming. DP comes with practice and since I was working full time, DP was not my strongest point. But If we go through recursion way most of the questions are solved.
Make sure to code faster and good variables and keep communicating to the interviewer, about your approach.
Round 2: Technical and Language-Based
Time: 1 hour
As I was appearing for a Java-based role, many Java-based questions were asked. Even though I prepared well for java still was cornered in some concepts. Key things to note in java is:
- I was asked concurrent hashmap which I could not answer. Hence my performance in this round was okay not the best. They were doubtful hence they told me they will take an extra round for clarification.
- How does HashMap work
- String mutability concepts
Round 3: FrontEnd, Backend with little design discussion from my work experience
Time: 45 mins
- This interview was a little vague, we discussed frontend technologies(Simple JS questions), what I did in my projects. He asked questions from the front end as well as the backend. I was feeling a bit nervous and end up telling an interviewer that in the end but he assured me that I did quite well.
Round 4: Managerial and Behavior Round
Time: 1 hour
This round is a little tricky because it seems like they assess how well did you manage your work in the past and how well you will be fit for the team. It was taken by the team manager I was going to join. They discussed quite a lot about the backend technologies I was working on and how did I contribute to my current organization.
I did quite well. I prepared for the behavior interview in advance so it was a little smooth for me. For behavior questions, I have prepared these questions beforehand that helped me greatly.
- How did you resolve any conflicts between your team?
- Tell me about one time you worked on a project/task and it failed?
- What is the most challenging project you have worked on?
- What is the project that you enjoyed most?
- What is your greatest strength/Weakness?
- What is the hardest bug that you solved?
- Why should we hire you?
Also prepared well your intro I was giving multiple interviews in many startups and I curate different intros according to the roles that I am interviewing for !!
Hope this helps!! All the best!