Selenium Python is one of the great tools for testing automation. These days most of the web apps are using AJAX techniques. When a page is loaded by the browser, the elements within that page may load at different time intervals. This makes locating elements difficult: if an element is not yet present in the DOM, a locate function will raise an ElementNotVisibleException exception. Using waits, we can solve this issue. Waiting provides some slack between actions performed – mostly locating an element or any other operation with the element. Selenium Webdriver provides two types of waits –
An implicit wait tells WebDriver to poll the DOM for a certain amount of time when trying to find any element (or elements) not immediately available. The default setting is 0. Once set, the implicit wait is set for the life of the WebDriver object. Let’s consider an example –
This waits up to 10 seconds before throwing a TimeoutException unless it finds the element to return within 10 seconds. To check out how to practically implement Implicit Waits in Webdriver, checkout Implicit waits in Selenium Python
An explicit wait is a code you define to wait for a certain condition to occur before proceeding further in the code. The extreme case of this is time.sleep(), which sets the condition to an exact time period to wait. There are some convenience methods provided that help you write code that will wait only as long as required. Explicit waits are achieved by using webdriverWait class in combination with expected_conditions. Let’s consider an example –
This waits up to 10 seconds before throwing a TimeoutException unless it finds the element to return within 10 seconds. WebDriverWait by default calls the ExpectedCondition every 500 milliseconds until it returns successfully.
Expected Conditions –
There are some common conditions that are frequently of use when automating web browsers. For example, presence_of_element_located, title_is, ad so on. one can check entire methods from here – Convenience Methods. Some of them are –
To check out how to practically implement Implicit Waits in Webdriver, checkout Explicit waits in Selenium Python
- Implicit Waits in Selenium Python
- Explicit waits in Selenium Python
- Selenium Python Tricks
- Selenium Base Mini Project Using Python
- Python | SMS Bomber using Selenium
- Non blocking wait in selenium using Python
- Python | Automating Happy Birthday post on Facebook using Selenium
- How to access popup login window in selenium using Python
- Why do people prefer Selenium with Python?
- Like instagram pictures using Selenium | Python
- Python | Automate Google Search using Selenium
- How to install Selenium in Python
- Selenium Python Basics
- Python - Opening links using Selenium
- Flight-price checker using Python and Selenium
- How to take screenshot using Selenium in Python ?
- How to use close() and quit() method in Selenium Python ?
- How to get title of a webpage using Selenium in Python?
- How to get current_url using Selenium in Python?
- Python | page_source method in Selenium