VMware Interview Experience | Set 10 (On-Campus for Internship)
VMware conducted first round via hirepro
Round 1 (90 mins): There were 4 sections .Section 1 had 10 Aptitude questions ( Boats & Streams, Profit and Loss, Data Analisation etc.,) for 15 mins. Section 2 had 12 multiple choice questions on Operating Systems, Computer Networking, OOP Concepts. Section 3 was optional we have to select two languages among C++, Python,Java and answer 10 output based questions. Section 4 had one coding question to find if a given number has exactly three factors.
PS: taking long long int is mandatory.
Around 150 gave the first round and 10 were shortlisted for the second round.
Round 2 (Face-to-Face Technical Round):
1) Tell me about yourself
2) Which language is most comfortable to you?
3) Left Rotate a given string 6 times(https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/block-swap-algorithm-for-array-rotation/)(I gave iterative O(nk) and Block swap O(n) approaches)
4) Time complexity for the above code.
7) static vs final keywords
The interview went for 30 mins. 5 were shortlisted for the third round.
Round 3 (Face-to-Face Technical Round):
1) Given an array of blue and red balls, separate them (It’s same like rearranging positive and negative numbers in an array)
2) Find a pair of nodes with given sum n in a binary search tree.
3) Different traversals in a Tree.(Check here). Which traversal gives sorted output.
4) Find a pair of nodes with given sum n in a sorted array( I gave two approaches iterative and Hash-Based)
5) Explain different CPU Scheduling Algorithms.
6) Asked about my previous projects
7) SQL and PL/SQL meanings
The interview went for 45 mins. 2 were shortlisted for the final round.
Round 4 (HR Round):
Basic behavioral questions like
1) How was your day so far?
2) Which concepts are your strengths?
3) What kind of a person are you?
Just be yourself and honest in HR Round.
At last 2 were selected for Internship at VMware Banglore.
Thanks to GeeksforGeeks for providing good practice questions.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.