VMware Interview Experience for MTS (On-Campus)
VMware Interview Experience for MTS (Member of Technical Staff)
- Eligibility : CS/EE/ECE, CGPA 7 and above.
- Online Test: On the HirePro platform
- MCQs +1 coding question.
- 107 minutes(Sectional Timing for each section)
- Technical MCQs (Difficult) and 10 Aptitude MCQs.
- Coding question – Easy level, implementation (30 mins)
Every round started with the Interviewer introducing himself and everyone was kind and helpful to me
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Round 1: Technical Interview 1
- I was asked the next greater number which is the simple stack implementation but the interviewer gave me Linked List instead of the array. It was an easy question I told him the trick is to first reverse the list then find the previous greater element n reverse the output. He was satisfied with my answer.
- The next question was Node To Node’s greatest path sum. He told me if I solved this question and if there’s time I’ll ask you to print the path(there was an awkward laugh). This question was new to me though I know this question exists it was on my to-do list but I didn’t know the solution. This question was more like a discussion I started with wrong assumptions n somehow landed on the correct answer god knows how the Interviewer was quite impressed because he understood that I didn’t know the solution before. He helped me with one point which I missed while writing my code(silly me). There was no time left after giving the solution.
Round 2: Technical Interview 2
- This was quite an easy round as compared to the previous tech round. After giving an introduction he asked me questions regarding the projects which I happened to mention in my cv. I gave him a full explanation he then moved to the C.S fundamentals
- OOPs: Code for Inheritance
- Os: Structure of Os
- Code: Implement Binary Search.
It was of 45 – 50 mins round.
Round 3: Managerial Discussion
- This round was strictly based on C.S fundamentals i.e. OOPs, Os, DBMS, Cpp(because there was no Java in my C.V)
- Asked me what is Inheritance, Polymorphism. I gave him flawless answers told him everything I knew everything I’ve learned so he was quite impressed. Then at last he told me to sort a stack with only push n pop operation I knew there was O(n^2) solution that involves recursion so I gave him the solution he then asked me what’s the time complexity I explained to him after that he told that you’ll get informed.
Round 4: HR Discussion
- Hr greeted me well after introduction part I was asked:
- Why NIT JSR I gave him the reason which is quite complicated to write here.
- What are my future plans – I told him I gave 3 years of my life for preparation to the Jee after 4 years to engineering so technically I’ve given 1/3 of my life to get this S.D.E role so I just want to see where this role can take me. He smiled after I gave my answer.
- What success means to You.
- He asked me if I’m enrolled at any company’s interview or anything I told no sir this is my last interview for today and if I got hired then this will be my last college interview or else things works out. He said what if I told you that this is my last college’s interview I was super happy he told me that I got intern + FTE in Vmware, he also told me I can celebrate and this is official, he told we “Generally don’t do this but a review from other interviewer was quite good”, I told them thanks and dropped off the meeting.