VMware Interview Experience for MTS (On-Campus)
VMware Interview Experience for MTS (Member of Technical Staff)
- Eligibility : CS/EE/ECE, CGPA 7 and above.
- Online Test: On the HirePro platform
- MCQs +1 coding question.
- 107 minutes(Sectional Timing for each section)
- Technical MCQs (Difficult) and 10 Aptitude MCQs.
- Coding question – Easy level, implementation (30 mins)
Every round started with the Interviewer introducing himself and everyone was kind and helpful to me
Round 1: Technical Interview 1
- I was asked the next greater number which is the simple stack implementation but the interviewer gave me Linked List instead of the array. It was an easy question I told him the trick is to first reverse the list then find the previous greater element n reverse the output. He was satisfied with my answer.
- The next question was Node To Node’s greatest path sum. He told me if I solved this question and if there’s time I’ll ask you to print the path(there was an awkward laugh). This question was new to me though I know this question exists it was on my to-do list but I didn’t know the solution. This question was more like a discussion I started with wrong assumptions n somehow landed on the correct answer god knows how the Interviewer was quite impressed because he understood that I didn’t know the solution before. He helped me with one point which I missed while writing my code(silly me). There was no time left after giving the solution.
Round 2: Technical Interview 2
- This was quite an easy round as compared to the previous tech round. After giving an introduction he asked me questions regarding the projects which I happened to mention in my cv. I gave him a full explanation he then moved to the C.S fundamentals
- OOPs: Code for Inheritance
- Os: Structure of Os
- Code: Implement Binary Search.
It was of 45 – 50 mins round.
Round 3: Managerial Discussion
- This round was strictly based on C.S fundamentals i.e. OOPs, Os, DBMS, Cpp(because there was no Java in my C.V)
- Asked me what is Inheritance, Polymorphism. I gave him flawless answers told him everything I knew everything I’ve learned so he was quite impressed. Then at last he told me to sort a stack with only push n pop operation I knew there was O(n^2) solution that involves recursion so I gave him the solution he then asked me what’s the time complexity I explained to him after that he told that you’ll get informed.
Round 4: HR Discussion
- Hr greeted me well after introduction part I was asked:
- Why NIT JSR I gave him the reason which is quite complicated to write here.
- What are my future plans – I told him I gave 3 years of my life for preparation to the Jee after 4 years to engineering so technically I’ve given 1/3 of my life to get this S.D.E role so I just want to see where this role can take me. He smiled after I gave my answer.
- What success means to You.
- He asked me if I’m enrolled at any company’s interview or anything I told no sir this is my last interview for today and if I got hired then this will be my last college interview or else things works out. He said what if I told you that this is my last college’s interview I was super happy he told me that I got intern + FTE in Vmware, he also told me I can celebrate and this is official, he told we “Generally don’t do this but a review from other interviewer was quite good”, I told them thanks and dropped off the meeting.