VMware Interview Experience for Intern+MTS | Off-Campus 2021
Online Test: Hackerrank Coding test of 60 mins with 2 coding questions.
Technical Round 1 (60 mins): Questions on resume like previous experience and projects.
- Questions on OS about process, zombie process, orphan process, threads, memory, linux bash commands, etc.
- Questions on Computer Networks about DNS, Private and Public IP, How is IP assigned to a device by router?, If you connect two PC using ethernet cable then how is IP assigned?
- How is vector implemented internally such that it has constant access time and dynamic allocation?
- Code your own vector class with push_back and shrink_to_fit functions. (Had to be solved using calloc and realloc)
Technical Round 2 (60 mins): Some questions on resume and past experience.
- Asked what is BST and how would you check if the given binary tree is a BST (did not ask to write code).
- Given a binary tree you have to make a mirror image of the binary tree (https://leetcode.com/problems/invert-binary-tree/) but without using recursion. (Had to be solved using stack.)
- Write a function to print level order traversal of binary tree.
- Implement your own sizeof() function which gives size of data types like int, float, char, etc.
- Swap two integers without using any built-in function, temporary variable or arithmetic operator. (Had to be solved using XOR)
- Questions on OS about thrashing, what is fastest memory in computer, how is data fetched from RAM to register, etc.
- Questions on Computer Networks like DHCP, what happens when you enter a url in a browser, etc.
Manager Round (40 mins): Questions on resume and past experience.
- Asked to code to find the length of the longest increasing contiguous sequence.
- Implement stack using queue.
- Questions on OS about what is memory leak?, What is memory segmentation?