VMware FTE Interview Experience | On-Campus 2022
- MCQ + 1 coding Question
- 107 minutes
- MCQ – CS Core, Aptitude, Logical Reasoning
- Coding Question – Easy Level, implementation
- 24 Students
Round 2(Technical Interview 1 – 50 mins): 2 Coding Questions + Projects
- Rearrange negative and positive values in an array so that positive values are at the front and negative at the back.(in place)
- Decode a string recursively encoded as count followed by substring
No cross questioning on the project.
Round 3(Technical Interview 2 – 50 mins): Three coding questions + OS + SQL Query
- Given a sorted array with zeroes and ones, find the index of the first 1 (compiled code).
- Longest common subsequence in n^2.
- Find the smallest n divisible by k such that n is always of form 1, 11, 111, 1111, and so on.
OS: Thrashing, Semaphore
The tables are as follows:
a. College name, college id.
b. Company name, company id.
c. Student name, college id, company id.
Write a query that returns the number of students placed in a particular company from a specific college.
Round 4(Managerial Discussion – 30 mins): Design Questions on the project, Operating Systems, and general discussion.
- Role of OS in scheduling threads of a process.
- An address is passed to a function. Find if it’s in the heap or the stack.
- A general discussion about me followed it.
Round 5(HR Discussion – 15 mins):
- Next 5-year plan.
- What did you do in college?
- Any VMware product used.
- What excites you about VMware.
- Feedback on what we can do to make this process more smooth.
3 Students were selected, I was one of them.
- When you read interview experiences, don’t assume that the selected person answered every question.
- I answered around 85 percent of questions in the first two interviews and barely 50 percent in the managerial round. Still, my attitude was positive throughout, so it’s perfectly fine even if you don’t know everything. You are not supposed to be some encyclopedia to get a job but a person with positivity, curiosity, and a ready-to-learn attitude.