VISA INC. Interview Experience (On-Campus)
Round 1 (Online Assessment): The first round was a coding round which consisted of 2 questions to be solved in one hour. I solved them in around 30 minutes. The two coding questions were:
- Given a string consisting of letters that indicate directions i.e. ‘L’ for left, ‘R’ for right, ‘U’ for, up and ‘D’ for down, find the minimum length of string that can be obtained after deleting some characters of the string so that we reach the same destination as the original string.
Out of 384 students, 7 students were shortlisted for interviews.
Round 2 (Technical): Initially, the interviewer asked me to introduce myself. She went through my resume and asked me some output-based questions (in python), and 2 basic coding questions to code( one in CPP and one in python). Some of the questions are:
- Explain OOPS concepts. She asked about the yield and zip function in python.
- What is DBMS and why it is required.
- Write some queries using the like operator and LIMIT in SQL.
- What is the difference between a primary key and a foreign key. She asked me to explain DNS and load balancing.
- She then asked me for a puzzle:
A woman had 2 daughters who were born on the same day, same time, same place, and same year. Yet, they are not twins. How is it possible?
(Ans: They are triplets )
Round 3 (Technical ): The following questions were asked:
- Introduce yourself
- Hobbies and extracurricular activities
- Puzzle: You are given 6 iron boxes and a weighing machine. Out of six, one iron box has more weight while the remaining ones are of the same weight. In how many ways and in how many iterations can you identify the heaviest box. (Ans: ways: 2 iterations: 2)
- Few Basic coding questions(Count number of nodes in a binary tree, find the missing number in the array, bubble sort, frequency of digits in a string)
- Implement Polymorphism by writing code and explaining it in detail.
- Few basic questions on Cloud computing
- Explain 3NF
- Write a SQL query to find the second highest salary of an employee.
- Extra skills I learned apart from what was there in the curriculum and a few questions on that.
Round 4 (Technical + HR): Questions asked
- Given a floating-point number, write a program to find the remainder when divided with an integer.
- Explain your project.
- Questions on session management and some errors I got while doing my project.
- He gave a code and asked for the output of the code. I had to identify the error and rectify it too. (C language, character scanning related code)
- What is your dream job?
- Best memories in college.
After the entire interview process, 3 students were shortlisted and I was one of them.
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...