Visa FTE Interview Experience
Round 1: It included 2 easy-level questions that were too easy that most of the people were able to do both of the questions.
- I don’t remember the first one
- The second question was, In a given matrix of 0’s and 1’s find the largest square consisting of only 1’s.
It was an 1 hr coding assessment.
24 people were selected on the basis of clean code and speed for interviews.
Round 2(Technical interview): The interviewer was very friendly. We both introduced ourselves. Then he gave me a warmup coding question: Check whether the given string is a palindrome
And then he wrote 4 coding questions in the ide provided within the code pair link and offered me to do any 2. All 4 were easy to medium-level questions.
- Find the diameter of the given tree.
- Make the array zig Zag i.e alternate low and high.
- Traverse from top left to the bottom right of a given matrix and find out that how many traversals are possible with no repeating node within a path. We can traverse all 4 directions.
- Given a keypad mobile numbers filled with an alphabetical character like 1 contains “abc” 2 contains “def” etc. Now given 3 numbers I was given to find the number of possible permutations.
I was told to write just the functions, I coded 2 of them and explained the rest two verbally.
Now he transferred to the theory questions and asked me whether I am comfortable with each one of the subjects before asking any questions of that subject.
OS – Paging, Deadlock, deadlock prevention algorithm.
DBMS – Given an employee table consisting of emp id, joining date, and manager id, write a query to find all the employees whose joining dates are prior to their manager’s joining date.
CN – Explain TCP/IP model.
After this round 20 students were selected for 2nd interview (3rd round).
Round 3(Technical interview): He started with his introduction and went through my projects directly.
- I was having 3 projects – 1st on software development, 2nd in android, and 3rd in Blockchain technology.Some questions were:-
- What is blockchain, how does it work and which algorithm is used to implement it, how does consensus algorithm work.
- Then went through android development and asked few heavy questions, in which I fumbled a lot, and then in software, he asked about the SOLID rules of software development.
- He asked a DBMS query i.e we are given a table emp with few columns and a new row of data and insert the row in the table if that primary key is not present or else update that row. I was asked to write a single query for doing that stuff.
- Then he jumped to the coding part on the code pair link provided and gave me a question- word ladder i.e given 2 strings start and end and a dictionary containing many strings all of the same length. I could use any of the dictionary words to climb from the starting word to the ending word such that from one word to another we can just change a single letter. This time I was given to write full code and was asked to run that too.
12 people qualified for the HR round.
Round 4(HR): The interviewer was at the director level of some specific part of the company.
- He was too friendly and we had a pretty nice conversation. He asked me a system design question i.e to design a stadium gate such that if there are 10 gates then every time the number of a person entering all the gates is the same.
- After this, we discussed lots of questions about where do I see my carrier and why visa, etc.
5 people including me were selected for the full-time role.
- Be very confident about your code.
- Thoroughly study all the theory subjects like OS DBMS etc and for the interview study the last-minute notes of Gfg which was very helpful for me.
- Study system design and know-how to start and traverse through the problem.
Good luck with your interviews.