Hello guys, it was an on-campus recruitment drive for the role of Full-Stack developer in Virtusa. There were total 3 rounds as followings-
Round 1: Online Assessment
The first round comprised of total 50 MCQ questions and 1 coding question. MCQ were divided into 3 categories-Technical Questions, Aptitude and Coding. MCQ were mainly asked from following topics with weightage as:
- Technical MCQ : 70%
- Data Structure-10%
- Aptitude: 10%
- Coding: 20%
Coding question was upto medium level. Every students got different questions. I got the problem that was similar to this but number of replacement was also given and we had to conclude that parantheses are balanced or not in the given number of replacement. Please visit the mentioned link-
Tips: There was a cut-off, so attempt the questions carefully.
Around 40 students were shortlisted for the technical round.
Round 2: Technical Interview
In this round, interviewer was asking questions mainly in Java. He touched almost all the topics of core Java. My interview duration was approx 1 hr 50 min and during this time period he asked the questions as followings-
- A real life scenario to design Car Music Player through interface.
- What is OOPs?
- What is Object and what is Object in Java?
- What is the difference between Abstract class and interface?
- Why Java doesn’t support multiple inheritance?
- What do you mean by Virtual in Java?
- Explain the pillars of OOPs (Polymorphism, Encapsulation and Inheritance) with real life examples.
- Explain Synchronization. Where it is useful?
- Check whether a string is Palindrome or not?
- What is Anagram?
- What is Doubly Linked List. Explain with real life examples.
- What is the need of Collection Framework in Java.
- Draw internal structure of Tree-Map in Java.
- What is stored procedure? Write Syntax.
- Real life example of Trigger. Write Syntax also.
- Using limit of mysql, find the second maximum salary of employee.
- What is Version Control System? How it is useful in development?
- What is JUnit testing? Explain different types of testing.
- What do you mean by Web-Application. Explain life cycle methods of Servlet.
- What is Dependency Injection? etc…
Tips: Go thorough of your resume. Explain your project very well and prepare the questions related to real life implementation of that project.
9 students were shortlisted for the HR round.
Round 3: HR Round
In this round there was no technical questions at all. He asked the following questions to me-
- Tell me about yourself.
- About my family.
- Are you willing to relocate?
- Tell me apart from your study in last 6 months.
- He told me about the training policy and job description of Company.
6 students were finally selected and I was one of them.
Best of luck guys!!
Thank you @geeksforgeeks.org for providing this platform.
This article is contributed by Jitesh Kumar Sinha.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.