In this article we will discuss about virtual machine installation for doing exercise of Cassandra and can execute CQL query step by step. follow the step given below.
First download and install any one of virtual machine. here we will discuss about oracle Virtual Box. Download VirtualBox
Figure – Oracle VirtualBox
After installing virtual box. Go to DataStax academy to download DS220 virtual machine. Here is a link to go to DataStax Academy DS220 course. DS220 Data Modeling course
Figure – DS220 DataStax Academy page
Login to access and download DS220 resources. If you don’t have account then create first and then login with your credential. DS220 login page
Figure – DS220 login page
After downloading DS220 resources you will get these files such that box-disk1.vmdk, DS220.vbox, DS220.vmx and then open DS220.vmx file open with oracle virtual box.
Figure – DS220 resources
After open with DS220.vmx file with oracle virtual box. you will get DS220 virtual machine added in Oracle virtual box. then finally open Virtual Box and then double click on added DS220 virtual machine. after double click it will take few minute to open Linux virtual machine. Ignore some popup on top bar menu of window.
Finally, Linux window virtual machine will open. let’s have a look.
Figure – Linux virtual machine with cqlsh
Now open terminal and change directory by using the following command.
To open cqlsh shell used the following CQL query.
Let’s have a look,
Figure – connect to cqlsh
Note: If you having any issue with above steps just comment your issue with description and I will try my best to resolve your issue.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Database Roles in CQL (Cassandra Query Language)
- Additional Functions in CQL (Cassandra Query Language)
- Useful CQL query in Cassandra
- Neo4j Installation
- Couchbase Installation
- Static type using batch in Cassandra
- Role of keys in Cassandra
- High Availability Mechanism in Cassandra
- Apache Cassandra tools
- Blob conversion function in Cassandra
- Designing models in Cassandra
- Introduction to Apache Cassandra
- Apache Cassandra (NOSQL database)
- Architecture of Apache Cassandra
- Overview of User Defined Type (UDT) in Cassandra
- Overview of Data modeling in Apache Cassandra
- Concept of indexing in Apache Cassandra
- Collection Data Type in Apache Cassandra
- Pre-defined data type in Apache Cassandra
- Monitoring cluster in Cassandra