Internet communication simply means communication between two or many users over the Internet or the WWW (World Wide Web). The communication can be in the form of texting, sharing information, videos, audios, ideas, video chatting, etc.
Video conferencing :
Videophone/Video chatting/Video conferencing is a type of Internet Communication. Video means visual and conferencing means communication. So, video conferencing is generally a visual communication between two or many users over the Internet across the globe. Video conferencing means seeing each other while talking or face to face communication on the internet. If you have access to the internet & have smartphones or PC with a camera or laptop or tablet, then by just making a call, you can see each other while talking.
Some protocols of video conferencing are listed below:
1. Video Conferencing Protocol H.323 :
- Designed by ITU (International Telecommunication Union).
- Computer Language used is Binary.
- Provides multimedia communications over a variety of networks.
- It is quite complex, possibilities of delay.
- Multipoint control unit (MCU), gateway, gatekeeper (optional) and the terminal are some functioning components.
2. SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) :
- Designed by IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force.
- Computer Language used is ASCII.
- Highly Flexible and simple.
- User-Agent and Network server are two major functioning components.
- Used to establish, modify and terminate multimedia sessions or calls.
- Resembles HTTP protocol.
- Works with both IPv4 and IPv6.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.