Round 1: Written Test
There were 3 sections namely, Reading comprehensions, Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation. There was section wise time limit. Questions were easy to moderate but the trick is to manage the time.
Round 2: Technical Round 1
- Language you are most comfortable in? For me it was Java.
- What are the different collections in Java.
- What is the difference between an interface and a class.
- Implement ArrayList using Arrays.
- Implement a queue using stack.
- 3 bulbs and 3 switches.( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-7-3-bulbs-and-3-switches/ )
- Defective bag of coins in one step. (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-bag-of-coins/)
Round 3: Technical Round 2 + HR
- Questions on internships and the projects done.
- What is OSI model. How is it different from TCP model.
- What is your interest area?
- Write the most optimized code for a prime number. ( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/java-program-to-check-if-a-number-is-prime-or-not/ )
- Tell me about yourself.
- What does your father do?
- Why do you want to join Viasat?
For students from ECE and EEE background; they also ask questions on Digital electronics (flip flops, converters etc).