Given a binary tree, find the vertical width of the binary tree. Width of a binary tree is the number of vertical paths.
Input : 7 / \ 6 5 / \ / \ 4 3 2 1 Output : 5 Input : 1 / \ 2 3 / \ / \ 4 5 6 7 \ \ 8 9 Output : 6
Prerequisite : Print Binary Tree in Vertical order
In this image, the tree contains 6 vertical lines which is the required width of tree.
Approach : In this Approach, we use the approach for printing vertical View of binary tree. Store the horizontal distances in a set and return 1 + highest horizontal distance – lowest horizontal distance. 1 is added to consider horizontal distance 0 as well. While going left, do hd – 1 and for right do hd + 1. We insert all possible distances in a hash table and finally return size of the hash table.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Vertical width of Binary tree | Set 1
- Vertical Sum in a given Binary Tree | Set 1
- Print a Binary Tree in Vertical Order | Set 1
- Print a Binary Tree in Vertical Order | Set 2 (Map based Method)
- Print a Binary Tree in Vertical Order | Set 3 (Using Level Order Traversal)
- Vertical Sum in Binary Tree | Set 2 (Space Optimized)
- Find if given vertical level of binary tree is sorted or not
- Find maximum vertical sum in binary tree
- Find the kth node in vertical order traversal of a Binary Tree
- Complexity of different operations in Binary tree, Binary Search Tree and AVL tree
- Maximum width of a binary tree
- Find the Level of a Binary Tree with Width K
- Check if a binary tree is subtree of another binary tree | Set 1
- Check if a binary tree is subtree of another binary tree | Set 2
- Convert a Binary Tree to Threaded binary tree | Set 1 (Using Queue)
- Convert a Binary Tree to Threaded binary tree | Set 2 (Efficient)
- Binary Tree | Set 3 (Types of Binary Tree)
- Binary Tree to Binary Search Tree Conversion using STL set
- Vertical Zig-Zag traversal of a Tree
- Maximum sub-tree sum in a Binary Tree such that the sub-tree is also a BST
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.