Veritas Interview Experience | Set 1 ( On Campus )
Veritas visited our college for campus hiring. The selection process included aptitude tests, 2 tech interviews, and an HR interview.
The aptitude test was on hackerrank. It had 20 MCQs based on cs concepts (database:btree, os, HTML form one que), basic math (no of solutions for p^2 = n+q^2 ), etc and 2 coding questions. There was negative marking for MCQs and solving one coding question was important.
1st tech interview (1Hr):
They asked me which languages I am comfortable with. I chose C and Java.
- Reverse a singly linked list.
- Implementation of strlen function in string.h
- Implementation of strcmp using pointer
- OOPs concepts with explanation and example
- Storage classes in C
- Access specifiers in Java
- Difference between string and char array in c.
- bubble sort code
- Function with variable length arguments
- Function overloading error: what will happen if overloaded functions have same arguments but different return type
- delete a node in linked list given a pointer to the node(node is not tail)
- References in java
- Collection classes
- rval, lval
- Have you done any system level coding. I said assembler program and compiler theory.
- Abstract classes and interface difference.
- Why main is not private in Java?
- How to given arguments to program while running it?
Ans: cmd line arguments can be accepted as strings
- Puzzle: 10 coins are given. one coin has less weight. find the coin in 3 iterations.
2nd tech interview (1hr 15 min):
They asked my favourite topics. I said Data structures and DBMS.
- basic python questions strcmp
- Function is given string arguments which are names of function of a class call those functions from this function. eg. consider function as fun(method1,method2) and class is c so fun should call method1 of class c.
I didn’t know the answer.
- Inorder tree traversal using recursion and iterative.
- Data structures for BFS, DFS.
- Given an array of elements (millions of elements) return the second highest occurring element.
- you are given a string say “this is a book” and reverse function and output should be “book a is this”
Ans:reverse string and then reverse every word.
- Order of compilation, relocation, linking and loading
Examples of polymorphism
- Which data structure can be used to reverse words in file?
int arr; printf(“%u%u”,arr+1,&arr+1); output?
They asked me if I knew Perl. I said no.
Background, Areas of interests(technical), Why Veritas?, What do you know about Veritas?
Finally, they selected 9 people out of 29 and I was one of them.
Thanks to GeeksforGeeks!!!!
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
Please Login to comment...