Veritas Interview Experience | On-Campus 2022
Veritas visited our college in September 2021 hiring for 3 roles: 6-month intern, FTE, and SQA. The hiring process consisted of 4 rounds i.e Techincal MCQ + coding, Technical Interview, Managerial Interview, and HR round.
Round 1: MCQ and Coding round
- It consisted of 20 MCQs of easy-medium level based on CS subjects like OOPS, C++, Computer Networks, OS, DBMS, and DSA.
- Reverse a vector or a linked list
- Roll the characters of the string (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/roll-characters-string/)
Round 2: Technical Interview
It was a technical interview with the manager of one of their teams in India. I was surprised in this round because for every other student it went for about 1 to 1.5 hours but mine was concluded in 15-20mins.
- The round started by performing the ritual of “Tell me about yourself”.
- Then he asked me to explain my projects which were based on web development and Cryptography.
- He asked me an open-ended question “What do you think about data structures implementation based on scenarios”. I started with the basic DS-like array, when it should be used and when not, and went on with Linked list, DLL, Queue, Stack, Tree, Heaps, and Graphs. I explained all of them with scenarios that were basically exaggerated versions of the coding questions I had faced previously.
- Then he asked me on implementing DLL and insertion and deleting at a position in Single Linked ist.
- He asked on SQL VS NoSQL and I went on with ACID vs BASE properties.
- At last, he asked if I had any questions for him.
Round 3: Managerial Round
This round was taken by a senior manager of Veritas. The interviewer was very calm and made me very comfortable before beginning the interview. It went on for about 1hr.
- She started by asking about my family background and what was asked in my previous interview.
- Difference between Private and Public IP
- Range of Private IP
- 4 pillars of OOPS and asked examples on all.
- Overriding vs Overloading and which on them counts in Compile-time and run-time polymorphism.
- Then gave me a puzzle on distance traveled by Bee (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-3-calculate-total-distance-travelled-by-bee/)
- How google hides the IP address of its servers.
- How VPN works.
- How DNS works.
- About the achievements other than resume
- Difficulties faced while making the project.
- Few scenario-based questions.
Round 4: HR
The HR round was almost immediately after Round 3.
- They asked about Myself
- Where do I see myself in 5 years
- Family background
- Basic knowledge of DSA will work but do focus on CS subjects more especially DBMS and Networking.
- Be confident in the interview and don’t look too serious or frustrated. These things are also being noticed.
- Do focus on Communication skills because students were also eliminated from the HR round.
Please Login to comment...