Veritas Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021 (Virtual)
Online test on HackerRank: 20 MCQs on OS, OOPs, CN, Pointer in C, CPP.
Two Coding questions :
- Swap array without extra space and inbuilt function.
- Rolling string (roll-characters-string)
Technical Interview: This interview lasted for 1 hour.
First 15 min he questioned me on my projects. Then he asked me to rate my skills out of 10 ( DSA, OS, CN, OOPs, DBMS)
- What are data structures?
- Why and where do we use DSA?
- What are the functions of the Command line calculator in Linux
- What is a command-line calculator
- What is the ‘bc’ command in Linux (Then he explained to me the functions of the Command-line calculator and asked me how will I implement it (I answered the linked list)
- What is a linked list?
- Write code for insertAtEnd, insertAtFirst, DisplayLL for Singly Linked List.
- What are processes?
- Difference between threads and processes?
- What are locks?
- Different types of locks?
- Difference between mutex and semaphores?
- What is spin-lock?
And then we had some discussion about technologies he has worked on.
Managerial interview: This interview lasted for about 45 minutes.
Discussion on projects
- What are processes and threads?
- Logic to check if singly linked list is palindromic without extra space in O(n).
- Difference between MySQL and NoSQL?
- Atomicity and consistency relation in NoSQL.
- How to did you achieve atomicity in NoSQL?
- How did you achieve atomicity in firebase?
- A thorough discussion on projects.
- Discussion on Technology stack.
- Questions on family background.
- Why Veritas?
- What do you know about Veritas?
- What change would you like in our society?
Note: All the interviewers were very friendly in Nature. All the test cases must be passed for both the coding questions. Prepare trees and linked-list thoroughly. Also, prepare OOPs and OS in depth.