Vectors are same as dynamic arrays with the ability to resize itself automatically when an element is inserted or deleted, with their storage being handled automatically by the container.
This operator is used to assign new contents to the container by replacing the existing contents.
It also modifies the size according to the new contents.
vectorname1 = (vectorname2) Parameters : Another container of the same type. Result : Assign the contents of the container passed as parameter to the container written on left side of the operator.
Input : myvector1 = 1, 2, 3 myvector2 = 3, 2, 1, 4 myvector1 = myvector2; Output : myvector1 = 3, 2, 1, 4 Input : myvector1 = 2, 6, 1, 5 myvector2 = 3, 2 myvectoe1 = myvector2; Output : myvector1 = 3, 2
Errors and Exceptions
1. If the containers are of different types, an error is thrown.
2. It has a basic no exception throw guarantee otherwise.
myvector1= 3 2 1 4
This operator is used to reference the element present at position given inside the operator. It is similar to the at() function, the only difference is that the at() function throws an out-of-range exception when the position is not in the bounds of the size of vector, while this operator causes undefined behaviour.
vectorname[position] Parameters : Position of the element to be fetched. Returns : Direct reference to the element at the given position.
Input : myvector = 1, 2, 3 myvector; Output : 3 Input : myvector = 3, 4, 1, 7, 3 myvector; Output : 7
Errors and Exceptions
1. If the position is not present in the vector, it shows undefined behaviour.
2. It has a no exception throw guarantee otherwise.
Given a vector of integers, print all the integers present at odd positions.
Input :1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Output :2 4 6 8 Explanation - 2, 4, 6, and 8 are at position 1, 3, 5 and 7 which are odd
1. Run a loop till the size of the vector.
2. Check if the position is not divisible by 2, then print the element at that position.
2 4 6 8
- C++ | asm declaration
- Pointers and References in C++
- Strings in C++ and How to Create them?
- Enum Classes in C++ and Their Advantage over Enum DataType
- Deque vs Vector in C++ STL
- C++ Programming Basics
- Introduction to C++ Programming Language
- ios manipulators noshowpos() function in C++
- ios rdstate() function in C++ with Examples
- ios operator !() function in C++ with Examples
- ios operator() function in C++ with Examples
- ios clear() function in C++ with Examples
- ios good() function in C++ with Examples
- ios setstate() function in C++ with Examples
- ios eof() function in C++ with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.