Use case diagrams referred as a Behavior model or diagram. It simply describes and displays the relation or interaction between the users or customers and providers of application service or the system. It describes different actions that a system performs in collaboration to achieve something with one or more users of the system. Use case diagram is used a lot nowadays to manage the system.
Here, we will understand the designing use case diagram for the library management system. Some scenarios of the system are as follows :
- User who registers himself as a new user initially is regarded as staff or student for the library system.
- For the user to get registered as a new user, registration forms are available that is needed to be fulfilled by the user.
- After registration, a library card is issued to the user by the librarian. On the library card, an ID is assigned to cardholder or user.
- After getting the library card, a new book is requested by the user as per there requirement.
- After, requesting, the desired book or the requested book is reserved by the user that means no other user can request for that book.
- Now, the user can renew a book that means the user can get a new due date for the desired book if the user has renewed them.
- If the user somehow forgets to return the book before the due date, then the user pays fine. Or if the user forgets to renew the book till the due date, then the book will be overdue and the user pays fine.
- User can fill the feedback form available if they want to.
- Librarian has a key role in this system. Librarian adds the records in the library database about each student or user every time issuing the book or returning the book, or paying fine.
- Librarian also deletes the record of a particular student if the student leaves the college or passed out from the college. If the book no longer exists in the library, then the record of the particular book is also deleted.
- Updating database is the important role of Librarian.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Class Diagram for Library Management System
- Use Case Diagram for Bank ATM System
- Difference between Use Case and Test Case
- DFD for Library Management System
- State Transition Diagram for an ATM System
- Software Testing | Use Case Testing
- Difference between Project Management and Operation Management
- Difference between General Management and Project Management
- Difference between Project Management and Construction Management
- Difference between Project Management Software and Product Management Software
- Difference between Project Management and Program Management
- Difference between Project Management and Portfolio Management
- Difference between Program Management and Portfolio Management
- Difference between Logistic Management and Operation Management
- Difference between Logistic Management and Inventory Management
- Difference between Logistic Management and Material Management
- Difference between Project Management and Service Management
- Difference between Project Management and Warehouse Management
- Difference between Project Management and Distribution Management
- Difference between Project Management and Transport Management
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.