Here, I am sharing my experience and the recruitment process of the company “Unthinkable Solutions” for the profile of “Software Developer”.
Few examples of questions are as FOLLOWS:
- Program to find the mega prime numbers between two given integers
- Minimum number of brackets reversal needed to make an expression balanced
- Program to print the magic words (Magic words are the words which have all the vowels in order)
Those who score more than 20 points are shortlisted for interviews and the candidates whose scores are less than but near to 20 are given a second chance via “retest” on the same platform.
Luckily, I was fortunate enough to clear the round in one go which made me shortlisted directly for the interview process.
Round 2: Before entering into this round, you need to give your id proof recognized by the government of India (id can be Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter Card, etc). After document verification, the round starts.
This is an interview round in which technical questions are asked by the interviewer to check your confidence and most importantly programming concepts. To make you comfortable, the very first question asked is to introduce yourself (it is asked as; tell me something about yourself, or introduce yourself). Then, finally, technical questions are asked like
- Which languages do you know?
- Basics of OOP’s
- They also asked a few riddles for example:
- Given two hourglasses of 4 minutes and 7 minutes, the task is to measure 9 minutes.
- The programming questions which are asked are:
- Rearrange Positive and negative numbers in O(n) time and O(1) extra space
- Sort the array as first largest first smallest, second-largest second smallest…
I answered most of the questions and after some time I got a call for the next round that is also a technical interview round but with a higher level.
Round 3: This round comprises coding and aptitude questions. The coding question which was asked me was:
“Sort the array of 0’s, 1’s, and 2’s in O(1) space complexity and O(n) time complexity” and the aptitude question was like:
“You are standing in the middle of the tunnel which is y meters long and a train is entering the tunnel with x km/hr? What is your minimum speed so that the train does not hit you?”
Fortunately, I cleared this round too and got called for the final round i.e., the HR interview round.
Round 4: This was an HR round started with a brief introduction about me and my family which went further with the discussion of the company’s policy. In the discussion, they told me about the bond period, joining date, salary along with perks, and allowances. And at last, they asked that if I am comfortable with their terms and conditions.
Like that day I had my shooting star over my head, I said “yes” and got selected.