Unthinkable Solution visited our campus on 6th October for the role of Junior Associate-IT. It consists of a total of 4 rounds. First coding round and other three are interviews( 2 technical + 1 HR ). Online coding was on the 6th of October.
Round 1 (Coding): It consists of 3 questions. Time is given 1 hour to solve these 3 questions.
- Count minimum reversal to make brackets balanced.
- Count the MegaPrimes numbers between the given range.
- Find the duplicates in the string and print the words which consist of vowels in alphabetical order.
I solved 2 questions fully and there is a wrong test case given for 3rd question, so they consider only 2 questions for evaluation. Out of 500 students, they selected 27, and they shortlisted 30 students for the 2nd online coding test.
Round 2 (Technical Interview 1):- This round lasted for about 45mins. The first and very obvious question was to INTRODUCE YOURSELF! Then He gives me some instructions that don’t use any inbuilt function and explain before write.
Then he gives me coding problems to solve
- Find the missing number from the sorted array consisting of number from 1 to N. (Simple One) I explained to him an iterative solution that we have to compare every value with the last value (Starting from index 1) if the difference is exact 1 then move further otherwise we got our missing number. He is not happy with the approach. He told me to give another solution. Then I explained the new solution that we have to find the sum of all the array elements and subtract it from the sum of 1 to N i.e N*(N+1)/2
- What is a palindrome, give me some examples. Then he told me to write the code. I gave 3 solutions for this. (2 iterative +1 recursive)
- Find square root of number upto given precision using binary search.
After 10 minutes of the interview, I was informed about my 2nd Technical Interview.
Round 3 (Technical Interview 2): It started the same as the first round that Tells me About Yourself. Then he told me to explain my recent project. It is based on Cloud Computing So he was impressed with my project. Then he gives me 3 puzzles to solve.
- Based on Blood Relations. A simple one I answered very quickly.
- Now from Calendar, it’s also a very simple aptitude question that if it’s Friday on 26th March 2006 what’s the day on 17th May 2008. I answered this one then he told me to explain my approach.
- It is based on Direction. (Very Simple). I am very good at Competitive Programming as I mentioned in my resume about my achievements.
- Then he told how many sorting algorithms you know? I answered Bubble Sort, Selection Sort, Insertion Sort, Merge Sort, Quick Sort, Count Sort, Heap Sort, Radix Sort.
- Explain and implement Quick Sort. I wrote the code, and then he put some questions from my code.
After 20 minutes I got a mail from HR regarding HR Discussion.
Round 4 (HR Discussion): This round lasted for about 15mins. The questions are very simple.
- How was your experience in the last 2 rounds of the interview?
- Tell me about your family.
- What you know about Daffodils Software (Parent company of Unthinkable Solutions)
- Why Unthinkable??
- Then she discusses the salary and other terms and conditions.
Finally, she told me that you are selected and you will also be notified by mail in 2-3 days. They selected 6 students out of 30.