Python Tuples In python tuples are used to sore immutable object. Python Tuples are very similar to lists except to some situations. Python tuples are immutable means that they can not be modified in whole program.
Packing and Unpacking a Tuple : In Python there is a very powerful tuple assignment feature that assigns right hand side of values into left hand side. In other way it is called unpacking of a tuple of values into a variable. In packing, we put values into a new tuple while in unpacking we extract those values into a single variable.
MNNIT Allahabad 5000 Engineering
NOTE : In unpacking of tuple number of variables on left hand side should be equal to number of values in given tuple a.
Python uses a special syntax to pass optional arguments (*args) for tuple unpacking. This means that there can be many number of arguments in place of (*args) in python. All values will be assigned to every variable on left hand side and all remaining values will be assigned to *args .For better understanding consider the following code.
10 ['Geeks ', ' for ', 'Geeks '] 50 10 Geeks [' for ', 'Geeks ', 50]
In python tuples can be unpacked using a function in function tuple is passed and in function values are unpacked into normal variable. Consider the following code for better understanding.
Example 3 :
- Python | Unpacking tuple of lists
- Python | Unpacking dictionary keys into tuple
- Packing and Unpacking Arguments in Python
- Python | Unpacking nested tuples
- Python | Sort tuple list by Nth element of tuple
- Python - Raise elements of tuple as power to another tuple
- Python - Convert Tuple String to Integer Tuple
- Python | Replace tuple according to Nth tuple element
- Python | Check for None Tuple
- Time tuple in Python
- Tuple Division in Python
- Python | Tuple XOR operation
- Python | Tuple multiplication
- Python - Test if Tuple contains K
- Python | Add dictionary to tuple