Python Tuples In python tuples are used to sore immutable object. Python Tuples are very similar to lists except to some situations. Python tuples are immutable means that they can not be modified in whole program.
Packing and Unpacking a Tuple : In Python there is a very powerful tuple assignment feature that assigns right hand side of values into left hand side. In other way it is called unpacking of a tuple of values into a variable. In packing, we put values into a new tuple while in unpacking we extract those values into a single variable.
MNNIT Allahabad 5000 Engineering
NOTE : In unpacking of tuple number of variables on left hand side should be equal to number of values in given tuple a.
Python uses a special syntax to pass optional arguments (*args) for tuple unpacking. This means that there can be many number of arguments in place of (*args) in python. All values will be assigned to every variable on left hand side and all remaining values will be assigned to *args .For better understanding consider the following code.
10 ['Geeks ', ' for ', 'Geeks '] 50 10 Geeks [' for ', 'Geeks ', 50]
In python tuples can be unpacked using a function in function tuple is passed and in function values are unpacked into normal variable. Consider the following code for better understanding.
Example 3 :
- Python | Unpacking tuple of lists
- Packing and Unpacking Arguments in Python
- Python | tuple() Function
- Python | Reversing a Tuple
- Python | Split tuple into groups of n
- Python | Find whether all tuple have same length
- Python | Removing strings from tuple
- Python | Convert a list into a tuple
- Python | Join tuple elements in a list
- Python | Sort a tuple by its float element
- Python | Count occurrences of an element in a Tuple
- Python | Program to convert a tuple to a string
- Python | Find number of lists in a tuple
- Python | Modifying tuple contents with list
- Python | Convert a list into tuple of lists
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.