Some interesting facts about computer networking are:
- Internet was invented by ARPANET in 1983.
- Internet is controlled by 75 million servers.
- Backbone of internet is made by 550, 000 miles of underwater cable.
- About one billion computer systems are connected to internet.
- About 3.2 billion people use the internet from which 1.7 billion internet users are Asians.
- Internet consists of five billion computing devices such as computers, phones, modems, switches, routers etc.
- According to Google, Internet consists of 5 million Terabytes of data.
- If the internet goes down for a day, approximately 200 billion emails and 3 billion Google search would have to wait.
- Approximately 204 million emails per minute are send over Internet. 70% of them are spam.
- 269 billion emails are sent per day.
- 30, 000 websites are hacked every day.
- 50 million horsepower is required by the internet to keep running in the current state.
- Approximately 9 million adults in Britain and 1/3rd of italians have never used the internet while China has treatment camps for internet addicts.
- Microsoft has more servers than Google. Microsoft owns over one million servers while Google has 900, 000.
- Internet bots and malware generate 61.5% or nearly two-thirds of all the website traffic.
- Approximately 1.7 trillion euro dollar worth of funds is spent online.
- Tim Berners-Lee was knighted by Queen Elizabeth.
- An email takes around 2 billion electrons to produce.
- Online dating generates approximately $1 billion dollars every year.
- Qwerty was designed to slow you down so that the keys would not jam, while using a TypeWriter, for which the layout was originally made for.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Py-Facts - 10 interesting facts about Python
- Let's experiment with Networking
- Basics of Computer Networking
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Computer Networking
- Introduction to basic Networking terminology
- Software defined Networking
- Do You Want to Make Career in Networking?
- Top 5 Highest Paying Jobs in Networking
- Top 5 Career Domains in Networking
- OSI Model Full Form in Computer Networking
- What is APPN(Advanced Peer to Peer Networking)?
- MAN Full Form in Computer Networking
- TCP/IP in Computer Networking
- Intent Based Networking (IBN)
- Cloud Networking
- Software-defined Networking (SDN) Controller
- Fundamentals of Virtual Networking
- Importance of Computer Networking
- Interesting facts about strings in Python | Set 1
- Interesting facts about strings in Python | Set 2 (Slicing)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.