United Health Group (Optum) Interview Experience (On-Campus 2019)
UnitedHealth Group(optum) visited our college this year for hiring full time software developers and interns.
Round 1 was an online test on Cocubes platform.It consisted of 30 aptitude questions to be done in 30 minutes. The aptitude questions were mostly data interpretation based and we were extremely short of time . You have to be selective because solving all questions was not possible. There were 10 quantitative questions too which were moderate in difficulty, mostly from permutations, speed distance time, trains etc.. Part 2 of online round consisted of 2 coding questions to be done in 30 mins. They were different for everyone. They were of easy to moderate difficulty level. My questions were:
1.Reverse a linked list in groups of size k
2.Find the occurences of a digit d in a given range from 0 to n.
Round 2:Technical interview 1 (F2F).
- Questions asked based on my resume like He asked me about my achievements.
- Questions from projects. My projects were on web and NLP, so he asked an overview of my projects and current languages i know, he also asked questions on current trends in big data and some big data technologies.
- find kth largest element in array and write complete code for it.(https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/kth-smallestlargest-element-unsorted-array/)
- Remove nth node from end of linked list .(https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/delete-nth-node-from-the-end-of-the-given-linked-list/)
- Heap sort.(https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/heap-sort/)
- Find duplicate element in an array.(https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-duplicates-in-on-time-and-constant-extra-space/)
- find whether two strings are anagram or not.(https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/check-whether-two-strings-are-anagram-of-each-other/)
Interviewer wanted all codes with minimum space and time complexity.
Round 3:Technical interview 2 (F2F).
- Introduce yourself.
- a Sql query was given i need to tell it is correct or not.
- In depth discussion of database part of my project . she said describe all the tables you used and their relationships.
- she asked design your website for large no of users so a long discussion on system design.
- After this she asked, any questions for me? (tip: feel free to ask question).
Round 4:HR interview (F2F).
If you have reached this far then you are almost selected.
Normal hr questions were asked and location preference.
finally results were announced, i got a full time offer in uhg(optum).
I would like to thank gfg for helping me to crack the interview.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google and Microsoft Test Serieses.