UnDosTres Interview Experience for SDE | On-Campus 2021
UnDosTres Visited Our Campus for hiring full-time SDE roles.
First Round Online Test: The Online round consisted of 16 MCQ-type questions including Computer Science related topics(Data Structures) and 2 Coding questions. A total of around 50 members were shortlisted to attend the online test.
- It was a slight variation of https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/write-a-c-program-to-print-all-permutations-of-a-given-string/
- Given an array of powers of n boxers and we need to find the winners after all the fights between them. The rules of the fight are: The powers of boxers can be negative or positive. negative signifies the boxer can only box with his left-sided boxer and positive signifies he can box only with his right-sided boxer. The power of the boxer is the absolute value without the sign. The boxer having higher power than the other wins the fight. If both have the same power then both of them are eliminated. We need to find all the winners after the completion of all the fights.
Ex : 5 10 -5 5 -5 Output : 5 10
Round 2: Technical Interview 1
A total of 3 members were shortlisted for this round. The interviewer started with his introduction and also asked me to introduce myself. He started with asking me to solve 3 coding questions and he was mainly focused on my approach to solving the question. The questions were easy-moderate level and he gave me around 1 hour to solve 3 of them.
I was able to solve all the questions and the interviewer seemed impressed with my performance. Then he asked me if I have any questions. I asked a couple of questions and he gave me good feedback.
Instead of directly jumping into solving the problem, first, try to understand the question properly and then ask the interviewer if you have any doubts regarding the question.
Round 3: Technical 2 + HR
A total of 2 members were shortlisted for this round. The interviewer was very friendly and asked me to introduce myself. Then he asked few questions like:
- Why do you want to join UnDosTres?
- What do you do in your free time?
Then he jumped into technical questions. He asked me 2 questions and asked me to tell how I would approach to solve the problem.
- The interviewer told me this question was a real-time problem that he came across somewhere. The question goes like there is an array of 10-digit mobile recharge numbers called originals. We will be given n number of target numbers and the task is to check how many digits of the target number matches with any of the given array of numbers and also the difference between the numbers should not be greater than k.
Then he asked me whether I have any questions and I asked few questions. The interviewer was impressed with the ideas I came up with and I was able to solve both the questions.
Always ask the questions at the end of the interview if the interviewer asks do you have any questions, this makes them think that you really have an interest in joining the firm.
Round 4: Technical Interview 3
This round was purely based on Data structures and Problem-solving. He asked me only one question and It was very tricky to solve.
- Given a string s and an array of operations. We can use the operations any number of times and we need to form the lexicographically largest string possible by using them. The array contains pairs (x,y) where each pair has meant that we can swap characters of string at positions x and y.
Ex : s = "abcd" , arr = [(4,3),(3,2),(2,1)] Output : "dcba"
After thinking for some time I came up with an approach and the interviewer told me to write the code for the same. He was impressed with my idea and was satisfied after writing the code. He also asked me the time and space complexity of the code.
Always start with the brute force approach for the problem and then make the solution efficient which shows that you have the ability to get better and efficient ideas.
The results were declared 30mins after this round and I was the only student selected from my campus. Finally, I would like to thank GeeksforGeeks for its invaluable support for many students through these Interview experiences and Must do questions.
- Know the basic details of the company before you appear for the interview.
- Be calm and adjust yourself to the situation, it is the key factor.
- Practice well before the interview so that you don’t get stuck in between while explaining.
Please Login to comment...