Understanding Test Management Process
Prerequisite: Software Testing
As like design and development, software testing is also one important part of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle). During testing phase of software development, testing activities are managed well to complete the testing process smoothly and on time as well.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
Test Management :
Test Management is a process where testing activities are managed to ensures high quality and high end testing of software application. This method consists of tracking, organization, controlling process, checks visibility of the testing process in order to deliver the high quality software application. It makes sure the software testing process run as expected.
Test Management Process :
It is a software process which manages start to end of the all software testing activities. This management process provides planning, controlling, tracking and monitoring facilities throughout the whole group cycle, these process includes several activities like test case design and test execution, test planning etc. It also gives initial plan and discipline specifications to the software testing process.
- Works in collaboration test analyst and technical test analyst to select and customizes the appropriate templates also establishes standards.
- Provides all facilities to keep the track and controls the testing throughout the project.
- Gives clear concept of understanding of testing activity of prior upcoming project and also post ones
Test management process has two main part of test Management Process:
- Risk analysis
- Test Estimation
- Test planning
- Testing Activity
- Issue Management
- Test report and evolution
Activity of test process :
- Test plan –
Rough sketch are served in order to test plans to convey the process of testing. Gives clear vision about complete testing process.
- Test design –
Test design affords the implementation process of testing.
- Test execution –
It shows the actual system result against the expected result during test execution.
- Exit criteria –
It gives the signal when to stop the test execution process.
- Test reporting –
Test reporting picturizes test process and result for the particular testing cycle.
Some commonly used tools are listed below-
- Test Collab
- Reuses current test and compares the results with last trails .
- Prevents duplicate issues
- Enables conceptual graphical visualization regarding reports
- Reports errors via email
- Combines easily with automation tools and C
- Deals with tests accordingly to the requirements effortlessly
- Integrated quickly with slack
- Deals test based on cycle and sprints
- Its not cost effective
- Doesn’t support cloud based application
- No mobile app support