We know that there are different types of agents in AI. PEAS System is used to categorize similar agents together. The PEAS system delivers the performance measure with respect to the environment, actuators and sensors of the respective agent. Most of the highest performing agents are Rational Agents.
Rational Agent: The rational agent considers all possibilities and chooses to perform the highly efficient action. For example it chooses the shortest path with low cost for high efficiency.
PEAS stands for Performance measure, Environment, Actuator, Sensor.
- Performance Measure: Performance measure is the unit to define the success of an agent.Performance varies with agents based on their different precept.
- Environment: Environment is the surrounding of an agent at every instant. It keeps changing with time if the agent is set in motion.There are 5 major types of environments:
- Fully Observable & Partially Observable
- Episodic & Static
- Static & Dynamic
- Discrete & Continuous
- Deterministic & Stochastic
- Actuator: Actuator is a part of the agent that delivers the output of an action to the environment.
- Sensor: Sensors are the receptive parts of an agent which takes in the input for the agent.
|Hospital Management System||Patient’s health, Admission process, Payment||Hospital, Doctors, Patients||Prescription, Diagnosis, Scan report||Symptoms, Patient’s response|
|Automated Car Drive||Comfortable trip, Safety, Maximum Distance||Roads, Traffic, Vehicles||Steering wheel, Accelerator, Brake, Mirror||Camera, GPS, Odometer|
|Subject Tutoring||Maximize scores, Improvement is students||Classroom, Desk, Chair, Board, Staff, Students||Smart displays, Corrections||Eyes, Ears, Notebooks|
- Difference Between Artificial Intelligence and Business Intelligence
- Difference Between Artificial Intelligence and Human Intelligence
- What is AI(Artificial Intelligence)?
- Artificial Intelligence Could be a Better Doctor
- Agents in Artificial Intelligence
- What is Artificial General Intelligence (AGI)?
- Artificial Intelligence: Cause Of Unemployment
- Dangers of Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence | An Introduction
- What is Artificial Super Intelligence (ASI)?
- What is Artificial Narrow Intelligence (ANI)?
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Can Artificial Intelligence Help in Curing Cancer?
- Difference between Artificial Intelligence and Automation
- The State of Artificial Intelligence in India and How Far is Too Far?
- Top 5 Artificial Intelligence(AI) Predictions in 2020
- What Are The Ethical Problems in Artificial Intelligence?
- Top 5 Artificial Intelligence(AI) Companies in 2020
- Game Playing in Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence - Boon or Bane
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.