UHG(Optum) Interview Experience | Off-Campus
1st Round – This was an online coding exam consisting of 3 questions from DS/Algo and 3 questions on SQL. The difficulty level was medium, the overall time to solve all the questions was 2 hours.
2nd Round – This was the first technical interview, it started with a basic introduction and about what I was doing in my last job.
- Given an array, A and a number x, check for pair in A with sum as x
- Virtual Functions, How Compiler works?
- Types of Schedules in DBMS
- Indexing in DBMS.
- Difference between runtime and compile-time polymorphism with example.
3rd Round – This was the second technical interview, it started with a basic introduction like last time. He started with the first question –
- Count all triplets whose sum is equal to a perfect cube
- Find Union and Intersection of two unsorted arrays
- Reverse a linked list
- Counting the frequency of people’s ages in a set of million datasets.
(Practice questions related to hashing).
Few more SQL queries involving joins.
4th Round – This was the third technical interview, it started with a basic introduction like last time. He started with the first question –
- Find distance between two nodes of a Binary Tree
- It involved solving the Lowest Common Ancestor in a Binary Tree
And then there were 2 queries which were comparatively easier as compared to the last rounds.
5th Round – This was a managerial/behavioral round. It again started with a basic introduction and then we started discussing the projects I’ve worked on and why I am shifting so soon from my previous job. He then shifted to these questions
- Difference between TCP/UDP.
- How does the C + + compiler work?
- If you have to implement MS-Excel using a Data Structure, how would you do that?
- Involving deletion and addition of rows and columns.
- Some questions related to compiler design.
- Can an Abstract class contain a non-abstract method?
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!