UHG Optum Interview Experience for SDE-1 (On-Campus)
Recently, Optum(UHG) visited our campus for the position of Full time SDE, Data Analyst and Data scientist.
There were 3 rounds for the selection and total, 14 people out of 150+ are selected and I am happy to say, I am one of them and here I am sharing my interview experience.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Round 1(Online Test): Duration: 1:30 hour
- This round consists of 2 sections:
- Questions related to aptitude having 50 questions total + 1 question is of coding.
- There were total 4 sections in which aptitude divides – 1) verbal ability 2) logical 3) Abstract 4) reasoning
- Everyone got a different coding question.
- I did around 40+aptitude question and complete coding problem.
- Overall this round was easy-medium, and 54 students qualified for the next round.
Round 2(Technical Interview): 40 min
- This round was mostly resume-based.
- She asked me about my both projects which I mentioned and then questioned about the tech-stack, database which I used, why and all related stuff and actually, she was impressed with my project idea which boosts me for further process.
- Then she shifts on my skill set-> and asked about DSA, OOPS concepts, basics of Java, SQL, and all accomplishments which I mentioned.
- Then, She also wants to know from me the basics of low-level design and test me just by giving a problem whether i am aware or not.
- and At last, she asked me about some latest technologies like ML, AI, Big data, cloud computing, etc and we discussed them for the last 4-5 min.
Round 3(HR Round – Telephonic): This is very short round of 5-10 minutes in which She asked me about the experience of all rounds, my family background, which location I would prefer to join.
In total, 14 students were selected finally.
Note: They focused more on OOPs, projects & DBMS.