UGC-NET | UGC NET CS 2018 Dec – II | Question 30
Software coupling involves dependencies among pieces of software called modules. Which of the following are correct statements with respect to module coupling ?
- P: Common Coupling occurs when two modules share the same global data.
- Q: Control Coupling occur when modules share a composite data structure and use only part of it.
- R: Content coupling occurs when one module modifies or relies on the internal working of another module.
(A) P and Q only
(B) P and R only
(C) Q and R only
(D) All of P, Q and R
Explanation: Coupling simply means to connect two or more things together. It means the pairing of two things.
- Common coupling simply means the sharing of common data or global data between several modules.
- Control coupling simply means to control data sharing between modules. Stamp coupling simply means the sharing of composite data structure between modules.
- In Content coupling, one module relies or depends upon the internal workings of another module.
So, only statement P and R are correct.