UGC-NET | UGC NET CS 2015 Dec – II | Question 3
3. Which of the following is/are not true?
(a)The set of negative integers is countable.
(b)The set of integers that are multiples of 7 is countable.
(c)The set of even integers is countable.
(d)The set of real numbers between 0 and ½ is countable.
(A) (a) and (c)
(B) (b) and (d)
(C) (b) only
(D) (d) only
- The set of negative integers is countable.
- The set of integers that are multiples of 7 is countable.
- The set of even integers is countable.
- The set of real numbers between 0 and ½ is countable.This is not true because we can not count set of real numbers.
For more information on countability Refer:Mathematics | Power Set and its Properties
Option (D) is correct.
Quiz of this Question
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!