Udaan Interview Experience for Software Engineer FTE | On-Campus 2021
Round 1(Online Coding Test): Around 230 students appeared for the test.
- The first round was conducted on the HackerEarth platform which included one coding question to be solved.
- The question was based on a calendar appointment system. Four functions were needed to be created explicitly to execute the task.
- The question level was hard. My code cleared 8/14 test cases and I got selected for the next round.
- About 12 people were selected for the next round.
Round 2(Machine Coding Round): I got an email containing a pdf that had the question.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- The objective was to build a fitness booking system that needed at least 2 APIs to be made. The time allotted was just 1 hour and 30 min.
- The code along with output screenshots and readme file was to be attached as zip and sent.
- Only 6 were selected for the interviews.
Round 3(Online Technical Interview): The interview was scheduled in MS teams. I was asked to share the screen and open the notepad.
- I was needed to show the relational database schemas to be used to make the fitness system as given in round 2.
- Many questions and scenarios were raised to optimize the number of tables used and query time.
- Only 4 were selected for the HR round.
Round 4(Online HR interview): The interview was scheduled in MS teams. I was asked about my internship projects and personal projects in-depth as mentioned in my resume.
- The interviewer asked me about my knowledge of Udaan and why did I want to join the company. He also asked me whether I had any questions for him. The interview was mostly behavioral.
- Two were selected for the post and I am thankful, I was one of them.
Some tips for preparation:
- Check out company-based questions on platforms like GeeksforGeeks and Interviewbit and try to solve them before looking at the solution.
- Use a combination of sources like Leetcode, GeeksforGeeks, Hackerrank, etc, and set a 30-45 minute time limit to solve each question.
- Be familiar with the concepts of OS, DBMS, and OOPS for the interviews.
All the best. This post was submitted by Aman Rath, NIT Rourkela B-Tech Computer Science.