UBS On Interview Experience for SDE
Round 1: Online Assessment
The test was conducted on the Hackerrank platform. There were 24 MCQ’s (DBMS, Java, OS) and 1 coding question.
The coding questions were similar to https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60962315/optimize-performance-of-the-method
Around 39 students out of 300 were shortlisted for the second round.
Round 2: Technical Interview 1
This round was conducted on the Hackerrank code pair platform. The round started with my Introduction. After this, the interviewer asked questions related to OOPS, DBMS(Normalization, Joins, ACID Properties, etc), CN, OS(Paging, Segmentation). After this, the interviewer gave one coding question. She asked me to explain the approach and write the code as well.
I explained my approach and implemented the code in C++. Then we discussed time complexity and space complexity as well.
In the end, the interviewer asked if I had some questions to ask.
Round 3: Technical Interview 2
This round was also conducted on the Hackerrank code pair platform. The interviewer gave two coding questions:
I was able to solve question 1 partially (10/14 test cases passed). I was able to question 2 completely(14/14 test cases passed).
For both solutions, we discussed time and space complexity and ways to optimize the solution for question 1. In the end, the interviewer asked if I had some questions to ask.
Round 4: HR Round
This round has some basic HR questions.
- Tell me about yourself.
- Tell me about family background
- How were your last two interviews?
- Tell me about projects and some more questions like this.
The result was declared 2 days later and 17 students were selected and I was one of them.
- Please go through your resume in depth. You should know and everything that you have mentioned in your resume because the interviewer can ask you to explain anything from your resume. Don’t mention the things that you are not confident about.
- Be confident!! Even if you get stuck at some point the interviewer will give you some hints. The key point is don’t give up, try to explain your thought process for solving the problem and they don’t look for a particular language but they see how well you can think logically.
All the interviewers were nice and it was a great experience!
Please Login to comment...