UBS Internship Interview Experience
UBS(United Bank of Switzerland) visited our college for hiring interns in November.
Eligible Courses: B.Tech (CS, IT, ECE) V semester.
Eligibility Criteria: 70% & Above or 7 CGPA & Above separately in 10th class, 12th class and in current B.Tech course (aggregate of all semesters till last semester ).
Round1 (Online Test): It was an online test on Hackerrank. The duration was of one hour. The first round consists of MCQs, Debugging, and coding section.
MCQs: MCQs include aptitude, DBMS , debugging. Most of the debugging questions were in java.
Coding section: It consists of 1 coding question. It was of medium level and was based on graphs.
Matrix Traversal: Given a 4×4 matrix mat, the initial energy is 100. The task is to reach the last row of the matrix with the maximum possible energy left.
The matrix can be traversed in the following way:
- Start with any cell in the first row.
- In each move, traverse from cell (i , j) of the ith row and jth column to any existing cell out of (i + 1, j-1), (i+1, j) ,or(i+1 ,j+1).
- Finish the traversal in the last row.
After stepping on a cell (i ,j) energy decreases by mat[i][j] units. Find the maximum possible energy left at the end of the traversal.
Note: The Final energy can be negative.
18 people were selected for the second round.
Round2 (Interview): The interview was scheduled a day after the coding round on skype. The interview went on for almost 25 minutes. The interviewer was friendly and made me feel comfortable.
- It started off with the usual “tell me about yourself”. He also asked me about UBS. Like “What does UBS do?”, “what would be the role of an engineer in an Investment Bank?”.
- While answering these questions i also mentioned the three key principles of the UBS and he was quite happy with it.
- Then he started to ask questions from my resume including my projects. He also asked about my hobbies.
- Then he told me that he will be referring me for the next round and i will be getting the meet link for the next round via mail.
Round3(Interview): The interview went on for almost 25 minutes.
- He asked me some questions related to my resume and then he asked me to write a SQL query, as I have mentioned it on my resume.
- And then he asked me the data structure which i am most comfortable with. I said trees so he started to ask some general questions on trees. He also asked me the practical use of some data structures.
- After Round3 I got a call from the HR . She asked me some basic questions like ” Why do you want to join UBS?” ,”Do you wish to relocate? ” etc.
Tips: Read about the company and it’s work culture. In the end they ask you if you have any questions for them so feel free to clear your doubts.
Finally 13 students were selected and I was one of them.