UBS Internship Interview Experience (On-Campus)
I applied to UBS through my college placement drive.
Round 1(Online Coding Round):
- It was conducted on Hacker rank. There was one coding question and 23MCQs.
- The coding question was – Find length of longest substring with at most K normal characters.
- There were 23MCQs which were mainly from OOPs, DBMS, Java.
- After this round 11 students were shortlisted.
Technical Round 1: This round was started with my introduction. After this, the interviewer asked me to explain my project in detail and all the key features of my project.
After this, there were two coding questions
- First one was related to the OOPs constructor. We need to create some new classes and also there we some test cases that we need to pass.
- Second question was not clear but somehow, I code it and some test cases were passed.
In this round how do you think matters more than number of test cases passed. Although I was not able to pass all the test cases but the interviewer was satisfied with my approach.
Technical Round 2: The interview was started with the two most general questions “Tell me something about yourself” and “How was your first round”. He went through my resume and asked all the questions based on my resume only. The questions were-
- Difference between MySQL and NoSQL
- DBMS Joins with examples
- I have mentioned Git in my Resume so some questions were from Git hub and Git version Control
- Some puzzles one was 3 Bulb and 3 Switch puzzle and other two were not standard puzzle.
- Some HR questions also based on team work.
HR Round: My HR round was conducted next day. There were some basic HR questions.
- Tell me something about yourself.
- Tell me about your family background.
- What do you expect from UBS
- And Some more I don’t remember but all were basic HR questions.
Finally, the result was declared after one week and I got the offer.
All the Interviewer was very friendly and if you got stuck and some point, then they will give you hints and want you do to solve the problem/puzzle. So never give up in the interview. And one thing more, please go through your resume in depth because they will ask each and everything from your resume.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.