For IT Software Engineer
Online Test Round 1: It was conducted on hackerrank platform. Everybody had to attempt 23 MCQ’s(Output based + Some on Exceptions + Theory concepts) and 1 Coding question. The code asked was similar to Find the length of a longest substring with at most K normal characters.
Around 30 Students were Shortlisted after this. CGPA was taken into account during shortlisting. (My 9.30 helped as many students answered code correctly).
Technical Round 1:
- Projects explanation
- Time Complexities + Code to remove duplicate from the linked list.
- OOPS, concepts. (Encapsulation vs Abstraction Important)
Short and crisp.
Technical Round 2:
- Puzzle: Cut cake into 8 pieces using 3 slices.
- Puzzle: 4 people with 1,2,7,10 river crossing time. 1 torch. 2 people can go 1 can come back. Minimum time for all to cross (ans 17).
Tech questions now. (JAVA My First Choice Language)
- OOPS, concepts.
- Deep difference and explanation of abstraction vs encapsulation with real-time example
- What is a better abstract class with all abstract methods or interfaces?
- How and why + Garbage collection in Java and free memory if an exception occurs.
- Mutable and Immutable class + static class
- Multiple catch problems.
DBMS: SQL joins
Finally, one code on Hackerrank code pair.
Find maximum network size such that each member in networks should be adjacent. It should have a minimum size. It should have a minimum threshold. One array input is given with the capacity of each machine.
HR Round: Same day 10 pm
- Explain your journey from childhood and also tell about your family.
- Why UBS? Why Fintech?
- Explain the use of the Venn diagram model on Facebook.
- How did life change from Gujarat to Vellore and about hostel food discussion etc?
The results came after 2 days. 5 Students got the offer. I was one of them.