Uber Interview Experience for Software Engineer (On-Campus)
Difficulty Level: Hard
- Campus: IIT (BHU)
- Interview – Day 0 ( 16 people shortlisted for interviews )
- Verdict – Selected ( 5 candidates )
- There were 4 rounds. Each of them was an elimination round.
Round 1(Online test – 3 questions, 1 hr, Codesignal):
- Base 2 to base 6
Due to Covid, interviews were held virtually.
Round 2(Technical Round – 30-40 mins): There were 2 interviewers.
- They first introduced themselves and asked me for a brief introduction.
- They directly jumped on the coding question. They asked a variation of Variable Binary Search. If you want to get an idea about variable binary search you can get idea through https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/allocate-minimum-number-pages/ question.
- I didn’t understand the question at first but interviewer was patient, he explained me through one test case. After few minutes of thinking, I was able to get through the approach of the question. He was impressed by my approach and how quickly I was able to solve it.
- After a thorough discussion in that question I was given another question related to graphs. He then asked if I had any questions for him. I asked him one. Then I was called for next round.
Round 3 (Design Round 40 mins): There were 2 interviewers.
- They first introduced themselves and asked me for a brief introduction. He was quite impressed by how I introduced myself (Tip: Prepare a good introduction, it will be your first impression ).
- System Design Problem using Object-Oriented Programming
- Question- Design a grocery shop system with some variations.
- He then asked if I had any questions for him. I asked him two. Then I was called for next round.
Round 4(HR + Technical + Project + Internship + Puzzles 60-70 mins):
This was a very long HR round. Here are some of the questions:
- Introduce yourself.
- Tell me about your hobbies, to which I replied problem solving and exercise. Then he asked me the latest problem you have solved. I told the problem which I solved in last round of uber.
- Then he grilled deep into projects , technologies , why I use only those technologies etc.
- After that, he went deep into my internship experience and what are the conflicts I faced during internship.
- Some HR and Behavioural related question.
- Tell me the time you were failed.
- Tell me the time when someone was disagree with you, how you reacted.
- Strength, weakness.
You can prepare HR and Behavioural related questions from https://www.interviewbit.com/hr-interview-questions/ here.
- Then he went to the puzzles. We spent approx 15 minutes on puzzles and discussed the optimized approach we can have to that puzzle. I don’t remember exact puzzle.
- You can prepare puzzles from https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzles/ here.
- He then asked if I had any questions for him. I asked him two questions.
Don’t forget to like the article and share with your friends.
All the Best !! You will rock it.