Typography is a feature of Bootstrap for styling and formatting the text content. It is used to create customized headings, inline subheadings, lists, paragraphs, aligning, adding more design-oriented font styles and much more. Bootstrap support global settings for the font stack, Headings and Link styles to be used in the web app for every type of OS and Device to deliver the best user interface.
Typography can be used to create:
- Text and Paragraph font color, font type and alignment
- Other inline elements
Some classes and Tags to implement typography feature of bootstrap:
- text-muted: It is used for text color, text-muted fades the text. i.e. text greyed out
- display: It is used to create better headings.
- lead: It is used to make a paragraph stand out i.e. Visually better.
- mark: It is used to highlight the text.
- small: It is used to create secondary subheadings.
- initialism: It is used to render abbreviation in slightly small text size.
- blockquote: It is used to quote content.
- blockquote-footer: It is the footer details for identifying source of the Quote.
- text-center: It is used to align the text to center.
- list-inline: It is used to make the element of list inline.
- text-truncate: It is used to shorten the longer text by truncating with ellipsis.
- text-uppercase: It is used to transform text to uppercase.
- text-lowercase: It is used to transform text to lowercase.
- text-capitalize: It is used to transform text to capitalize first letter of each word leaving other letters in lowercase.
Example 1: To illustrate the text-muted class.
Example 2: To illustrate the display class.
Example 3: To illustrate the lead class.
Example 4: To illustrate the mark tag.
Example 5: To illustrate the small tag.
Example 6: To illustrate the initialism class.
Example 7: To illustrate the blockquote tag and blockquote-footer class.
Example 8: To illustrate the text-center class.
- Bootstrap 4 | Typography
- p5.js | Typography | shearX() Function
- p5.js | Typography | shearY() Function
- Materialize CSS | Typography
- Include Bootstrap in AngularJS using ng-bootstrap
- Difference between bootstrap.css and bootstrap-theme.css
- Difference Between Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4
- Difference between Bootstrap 4 and Bootstrap 5
- Beginning BootStrap (Part-1) | Introduction and Installation
- Beginning BootStrap (Part-2) | Grid System
- Bootstrap (Part-3) | Buttons, Glyphicons, Tables
- Bootstrap (Part-5) | DropDowns and Responsive Tabs
- Bootstrap (Part-4) | Vertical Forms, Horizontal Forms, Inline Forms
- How to get circular buttons in bootstrap 4 ?
- Bootstrap (Part-6) | Progress Bar and Jumbotron
- Bootstrap (Part-7) | Alerts , Wells, Pagination and Pager
- Bootstrap (Part-8) | Badges, Labels, Page Headers
- Bootstrap (Part-9) | Tooltips
- Difference between Bootstrap and AngularJS
- Bootstrap | Navigation Bar
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.