Virtual Organization is a flexible network of separate entities which forms a collaboration by connecting companies, institutions or individuals delivering a product or service on the basis of a common business perception. In virtual organization, there is no need of the people to come together at same place at a time in order to deliver the product or service. Branding is the most important factor in the virtual organization in strongly positioning the site on the internet.
There are various types of approaches in implementing virtual organization which are as follows:
- Mobile Working:
This type of virtual organization specifies to the mobile employees working in an environment in which mobile devices such as cell phones, laptops, e-mail wireless devices, pagers and laptops are required.
- Virtual Teams:
Virtual teams are usually developed by the employees of the same organization and may have the employees from external organization. Employees cooperates through e-mails, groupware, the intranet and video conferencing from geographically dispersed locations. They perform parallel responsibilities along with their fundamental responsibilities in the organization.
Employees in this type of organization works from a place other than the normal workplace, which could either be their home or some other place. For managing and contacting the head office, telecommuters used the tools such as computers and telecommunications equipment.
- Hot Desking:
In these type of virtual organizations, fixed desks assigned to all or few employees is removed. When they arrives, they are accredited a computer workstation through which they can access their documents, files, applications and e-mails. This type of arrangement is suitable for the companies in which members spend a huge amount of time on the customer workplaces.
This type of organization is similar to the hot desking. Hot desk in this system is provided by the client or customers to the virtual organization employees.
These type of virtual organizations are placed for the employees generally not available in the telecommuter’s home. It is mostly placed in the associations outside of the major cities and provide space and equipment there.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Computer Organization and Architecture | Pipelining | Set 3 (Types and Stalling)
- Cache Organization | Set 1 (Introduction)
- Cache Memory in Computer Organization
- Computer Organization and Architecture | Pipelining | Set 1 (Execution, Stages and Throughput)
- Computer Organization and Architecture | Pipelining | Set 2 (Dependencies and Data Hazard)
- Computer Organization | Amdahl's law and its proof
- Computer Organization | Hardwired v/s Micro-programmed Control Unit
- Computer Organization | Micro-Operation
- Computer Organization | Different Instruction Cycles
- Computer Organization | Booth's Algorithm
- Computer Organization | Basic Computer Instructions
- Computer Organization | Instruction Formats (Zero, One, Two and Three Address Instruction)
- Computer Organization | Problem Solving on Instruction Format
- Computer Organization | Von Neumann architecture
- Introduction of Stack based CPU Organization
- Computer Organization | Asynchronous input output synchronization
- Bus organization of 8085 microprocessor
- Computer Organization | Locality and Cache friendly code
- Computer Organization | Performance of Computer
- Differences between Computer Architecture and Computer Organization
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.