Static Analysis of Software :
Static analysis involves a set of methods used to analyze software source code or object code determine how the software functions and establish criteria to check its correctness. Static analysis studies the source code without executing it and reveals a wide variety of information such as the structure of the model used, data and control flow, syntax accuracy, and more.
There are several types of static analysis methods-
- Control Analysis :-
This software focuses on examining the controls used in calling structure, control flow analysis and state transition analysis. The calling structure is related to the model by identifying the calling and call structure. The calling structure can be a process, subroutine, function, or method. Control flow analysis checks the sequence of control transfers. Furthermore, it inefficient constructions in the model. A graph of the model is created in which the conditional branches and model junctions are represented by nodes.
- Data Analysis :-
Ensures proper operation is applied to data objects such as data structures and linked lists. In addition, this method also ensures that the defined data is used properly. Data analysis involves two methods, namely, data dependency and data-flow analysis. Data dependency is necessary to assess the accuracy of synchronization across multiple processors. Data flow analysis checks the definition and context of variables.
- Fault/Failure Analysis :-
It analyzes faults (incorrectly component) and failure (incorrect behavior of model component) in the model. This method uses the input-output transformation description to identify the conditions that are cause for the failure. To determine the failures in certain conditions the model design specification is checked.
- Interface Analysis :-
This software verifies and verifies interactive and distribution simulations to check the code. There are two basic techniques for interface analysis and user interface analysis examines sub model interfaces and determines the accuracy of interface structure. User interface analysis examines the user interface model and for the precautionary steps taken to prevent errors during the user’s interaction with the model. This method also focuses on how accurately the interface is integrated into the overall model and simulation.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Understanding storage of static methods and static variables in Java
- Types of Static Testing
- Software Testing | Static Testing
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Testing
- How to Serve Static Content using Node.js ?
- How to remove .html extension from URL of a static page ?
- How to create static classes in PHP ?
- Structured Analysis and Structured Design (SA/SD)
- Software Engineering | Functional Point (FP) Analysis
- Software Engineering | Structured analysis and design with CASE tools
- Boundary Value Analysis - Triangle Problem
- Introduction To Malware Analysis
- Boundary Value Analysis : Nature of Roots of a Quadratic equation
- Analysis Modelling in Software Engineering
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Analysis and Design of Combinational and Sequential circuits
- Functional Modelling in object oriented analysis and design
- Dynamic modelling in object oriented analysis and design
- Program Analysis Tools in Software Engineering
- Descriptive Analysis in R Programming
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.