Type.FindMembers(MemberTypes, BindingFlags, MemberFilter, Object) Method is used to return a filtered array of MemberInfo objects of the specified member type.
public virtual System.Reflection.MemberInfo FindMembers (System.Reflection.MemberTypes memberType, System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.MemberFilter filter, object filterCriteria);
- memberType: It indicates that what type of member should be searched.
- bindingAttr: It used to specify how the search is conducted or Zero, to return null.
- filter: It does the comparisons, returning true if the member currently being inspected matches the filterCriteria and false otherwise.
- filterCriteria: The search criteria that determines whether a member is returned in the array of MemberInfo objects.
The following BindingFlags filter flags can be used to define which members to include in the search:
- You must specify either BindingFlags.Instance or BindingFlags.Static in order to get a return.
- Specify BindingFlags.Instance to include instance members in the search.
- Specify BindingFlags.Static to include static members in the search.
- Specify BindingFlags.Public to include public members in the search.
- Specify BindingFlags.NonPublic to include non-public members (that is, private, internal, and protected members) in the search.
Return Value: This method returns A filtered array of MemberInfo objects of the specified member type. or An empty array of type MemberInfo,
Exception: This method throws ArgumentNullException if filter is null.
Result of FindMembers - Boolean Equals(System.Object) Result of FindMembers - Boolean Equals(System.String) Result of FindMembers - Boolean Equals(System.String, System.StringComparison)