One of my LinkedIn friend referred me at Turvo Software- Hyderabad, I received a hackerearth coding test link.
Round 1: Online Coding Test
There were 2 questions on hackerearth platform
1. Similar to this question
2. There are N students in a class, sitting adjacent to each-other on benches numbered from 0 to N-1. There is stationary in school from where students can by pencils. There are 3 different types of pencils. The shopkeeper in order to trick students and tells each student a different price for the each of the 3 pencils. Also, it is a rule in class that two students sitting adjacent to each-other cannot use the same type of pencils. Find in minimum cost to buy pencils for all students.
if you submit solution of 1 question, they will call for next round telephonic discussion.
Round 2: Telephonic
1. Introduce yourself.
2. Project discussion.
3. find first repeating number in a array.
4. extension of question 3 -> if array elements only prime numbers. Optimize it
5. Given string is palindrome but there is a character added in string at any index and now this is not palindrome.
return index of wrong character.
eg: aabbcaa – return 4 Similar to this: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/remove-character-string-make-palindrome/
6. hit counter
Round 3: f2f [Technical]
After successfully clear telephonic round, they will call hyderabad office
1. check a binary tree is BST or not. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/a-program-to-check-if-a-binary-tree-is-bst-or-not/
2. 3rd largest element in a array. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/third-largest-element-array-distinct-elements/
3. kth largest element in array. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/kth-smallestlargest-element-unsorted-array/
4. check string is valid or not. you may remove only one character.
conditions: all characters must appears same number of times after removing a character. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/check-if-a-string-has-all-characters-with-same-frequency-with-one-variation-allowed/
5. one more array related questions, don’t remember exactly
Tips : Always look for optimized solution first, but if you’re unable to do so, don’t hesitate in telling the less optimized one. You should be able to write the code for whichever approach you suggested and they’ll ask you to dry run for some sample cases.
Round 4: f2f [Design] with VP
1. Design a feature, which you implement in currently working company recently.
2. Design a class diagram and data structure to implement N runways in an airport. Single and multiple runway Aircraft Landing Problem.
Round 4: Telephonic with CTO
This round is normal discussion of your previous work experience with CTO of company.