The turtle module provides turtle graphics primitives, in both object-oriented and procedure-oriented ways. Because it uses Tkinter for the underlying graphics, it needs a version of Python installed with Tk support.
The turtle.up() method is used to pull the pen up from the screen. It gives no drawing on moving to another position or direction.
turtle.up() or turtle.pu() or turtle.penup()
Here, this method can be called with three names as written above i.e; it has Aliases: penup | pu | up. There is no argument required for this method.
Below is the implementation of the above method with some examples :
Example 1 :
Example 2 :
- turtle.right() method in Python
- Python - turtle.delay() method
- turtle.backward() method in Python
- turtle.forward() method in Python-Turtle
- turtle.down() method in Python
- turtle.left() method in Python
- turtle.color() method in Python
- turtle.pos() method in Python
- turtle.clearstamps() method in Python
- turtle.clearstamp() method in Python
- Python - turtle.Screen().setup() method
- Python - turtle.pencolor() method
- Draw Square and Rectangle in Turtle - Python
- Draw Color Filled Shapes in Turtle - Python
- Draw any polygon in Turtle - Python
- Python - Hilbert Curve using turtle
- Create a simple Animation using Turtle in Python
- Python - Draw Hexagon Using Turtle Graphics
- Python - Draw Star Using Turtle Graphics
- Python - Draw Octagonal shape Using Turtle Graphics
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.