What is a tuple?
A tuple is an object that can hold a number of elements. The elements can be of different data types. The elements of tuples are initialized as arguments in order in which they will be accessed.
Operations on tuple :-
1. get() :- get() is used to access the tuple values and modify them, it accepts the index and tuple name as arguments to access a particular tuple element.
2. make_tuple() :- make_tuple() is used to assign tuple with values. The values passed should be in order with the values declared in tuple.
The initial values of tuple are : a 10 15.5 The modified values of tuple are : b 10 20.5
In the above code, get() modifies the 1st nd 3rd value of tuple.
3. tuple_size :- It returns the number of elements present in the tuple.
The size of tuple is : 3
4. swap() :- The swap(), swaps the elements of the two different tuples.
The first tuple elements before swapping are : 20 g 17.5 The second tuple elements before swapping are : 10 f 15.5 The first tuple elements after swapping are : 10 f 15.5 The second tuple elements after swapping are : 20 g 17.5
5. tie() :- The work of tie() is to unpack the tuple values into seperate variables. There are two variants of tie(), with and without “ignore” , the “ignore” ignores a particular tuple element and stops it from getting unpacked.
The unpacked tuple values (without ignore) are : 20 g 17.5 The unpacked tuple values (with ignore) are : 20 17.5
6. tuple_cat() :- This function concatenates two tuples and returns a new tuple.
The new tuple elements in order are : 20 g 17.5 30 f 10.5
This article is contributed by Manjeet Singh .If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- return statement in C/C++ with Examples
- How to implement our own Vector Class in C++?
- Web Programming in C++
- C++ Program to print an Array using Recursion
- Storage Classes in C++ with Examples
- fill_n() function in C++ STL with examples
- fill() function in C++ STL with examples
- How to erase an element from a vector using erase() and reverse_iterator?
- iomanip setbase() function in C++ with Examples
- iomanip setpricision() function in C++ with Examples
- iomanip setiosflags() function in C++ with Examples
- iomanip setfill() function in C++ with Examples
- Manipulators in C++ with Examples
- iomanip setw() function in C++ with Examples