Given N and K, print a tree such that the tree has no more than K leaf nodes and every other node has at least two nodes connected to it. The task is to build a tree of N nodes exactly in such a way that the distance between the farthest leaf nodes is minimized. Print the minimized distance also.
Note: There can be multiple trees.
Input: N = 5, K = 3
Output: Distance = 3
The tree is:
Input: N = 3, K = 2
Output: Distance = 2
The tree is:
- Initially, the tree will have k-1 nodes connected to 1.
- Then connect one node to all the k-1 nodes one by one.
- If nodes are left, keep connecting them to the leaf nodes one by one.
The diagrammatic representation of how to build the tree will make things more clear. In the image below, K = 6 and for any number N has been demonstrated. The nodes in yellow are the leaf nodes.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Distance = 3 The tree is: 1 2 1 3 4 1 5 2
- Count of nodes which are at a distance X from root and leaves
- Print all nodes in a binary tree having K leaves
- Find sum of all right leaves in a given Binary Tree
- Height of binary tree considering even level leaves only
- Minimum sum path between two leaves of a binary tree
- Find sum of all left leaves in a given Binary Tree
- Find the maximum path sum between two leaves of a binary tree
- Extract Leaves of a Binary Tree in a Doubly Linked List
- Check if all leaves are at same level
- Find first non matching leaves in two binary trees
- Find multiplication of sums of data of leaves at same levels
- Find product of sums of data of leaves at same levels | Set 2
- Find distance between two nodes of a Binary Tree
- Queries to find distance between two nodes of a Binary tree
- Shortest distance between two nodes in an infinite binary tree
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.