The first approach we examine is traffic aware routing. These schemes adapted to change in topology, but not change the load. The goal of taking a load into to make most existing network capacity, routs can be tailored to traffic patterns that change during the day as network users wake and sleep in different zones.
Routes may be changed to shift traffic away from heavily used paths by changing the shortest path weight. Some radiostations have helicopters flying around their cities to report on road congestion to make it possible for their mobile attendant to route their packets around the hotspot. This is called traffic-aware routing. Splitting traffic across paths helpful. It is used on the early internet according to this model.
Description of diagram :
Consider a network of the figure –
- Which is divide into two parts east and west connect by two links CF and EL.
- Suppose most traffic is between east and west use connection CF and result in this connection is heavily loaded with a long delay.
- Include queuing in the weight used for short path calculation will make EL more attractive.
- New routing tables have been installed, most of the east-west traffic will go over EL, loading this link CF will appear to be the shortest path.
As result, it may oscillate widely, lead to erratic routing and many potential problems. If the load is ignored and only bandwidth and propagation delay are considered this not occur. Attempt to include load but change weights with a range only slow down routing oscillations. Two techniques can contribute to a successful solution. In first multipath routing in which there can be multiple paths from source to destination.
- It is a congestion technique.
- In these roots can be altered according to traffic pattern’s because these traffic patterns changes during a day as network user we can sleep in different time zones.
- As there are heavily used paths so roots can be changed to shift traffic away.
- Traffic can be split across multiple paths.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.