Given four integers X, Y, M and W. The task is to find the number of ways to choose X men and Y women from total M men and W women.
Input: X = 1, Y = 2, M = 1, W = 3
Way 1: Choose the only man and 1st and 2nd women.
Way 2: Choose the only man and 2nd and 3rd women.
Way 3: Choose the only man and 1st and 3rd women.
Input: X = 4, Y = 3, M = 6, W = 5
Approach: The total number of ways of choosing X men from a total of M men is MCX and the total number of ways of choosing Y women from W women is WCY. Hence, the total number of combined ways will be MCX * WCY.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Ways of selecting men and women from a group to make a team
- Total ways of selecting a group of X men from N men with or without including a particular man
- Total number of ways to place X and Y at n places such that no two X are together
- Ways to form an array having integers in given range such that total sum is divisible by 2
- Number of ways to get even sum by choosing three numbers from 1 to N
- Count ways of choosing a pair with maximum difference
- Number of ways of choosing K equal substrings of any length for every query
- Total no of 1's in numbers
- Make A, B and C equal by adding total value N to them
- Find the total Number of Digits in (N!)N
- Count total number of digits from 1 to n
- Total number of Subsets of size at most K
- Count total divisors of A or B in a given range
- Count total number of even sum sequences
- Count total set bits in all numbers from 1 to n | Set 2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.