Even if we were to search around the world, it would be a truly difficult job to find someone like Deepali. As a Computer Science Graduate of IIT Bombay, she successfully bagged a job offer from an astounding company – Facebook. Even though it’s a rare feat, she doesn’t consider it a rare one. We at TopTalent.in got a chance to interact with Deepali Adlakha from IIT Bombay about what made this possible and what others can learn from this.
In case you are wondering how the resume of a Facebook recruit looks like, you can download the resume by logging in.
TopTalent: How do you feel on achieving this rare feat?
I don’t consider it as a ‘rare’ feat, many people have got such good offers in both present and past.
TopTalent: What other offers did you get apart from Facebook?
Facebook was one among my top preferences, I got the offer from Facebook and hence I was out of the placement process. So, one does not get more than one offer.
TopTalent: Can you brief us the interview process?
Facebook had one coding test, after which there were three rounds of interview. All the interviews tested your technical knowledge.
TopTalent: Can you give us a brief account of what you felt was the toughest interview?
TopTalent: What was your preparation strategy?
I practised coding, answering algorithmic design questions. I had a rough overview of all my courses, hence I didn’t spend much time revising them.
TopTalent: What kind of skills do you think helped you getting this job?
A student should know how to code, both on paper and on the system, that is it.
TopTalent: What resources did you consult? Where did you practice problems from?
I used Hackerrank and Codechef for practicing problems.
TopTalent: Were grades a factor in you getting selected?
Good grades is definitely a plus point, but it is neither necessary nor sufficient.
TopTalent: What’s your advice to students who are aiming for similar placement offers as yours?
Relax and prepare hard. You will get what you wish for.
Incase you forgot, you can download the resume by logging in.
This article is powered by TopTalent.in – A high end Job portal for students and alumni of Premier Colleges in India. Sign up now for free exclusive access to top notch jobs in India and abroad. Get in touch with them via facebook, twitter or linkedin. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- [TopTalent.in] Exclusive Rapid Fire Interview with Gritika Who Got a job offer from Microsoft
- [TopTalent.in] Exclusive Interview with Ravi Kiran from BITS, Pilani who got placed in Google, Microsoft and Facebook
- [TopTalent.in] Exclusive Interview with Vivek Ruparel who got into Amazon
- [TopTalent.in] Exclusive Interview with Abhishek who got into DE Shaw
- [TopTalent.in] Exclusive Interview with Arushi Who Got Into Flipkart
- [TopTalent.in] Rapid Fire Interview With Trisha Roy About Her Job Offers from Nomura and IOC
- [TopTalent.in] Exclusive Interview with Shweta, who got a job at Goldman Sachs
- [TopTalent.in] Interview with Chirag Who Got into DreamWorks
- [TopTalent.in] Interview With Amit Who Got Into Flipkart
- [TopTalent.in] Interview With Divanshu Who Got Into Google, Mountain View
- [TopTalent.in] Interview With Faraz Who Got Into MobiKwik
- [TopTalent.in] Interview With Naveen Who Got Into Bloomreach
- [TopTalent.in] Want to know how to get into Yahoo! ? Read our exclusive Interview with Prabha
- [TopTalent.in] Interview with Manpreet Who Got Offers From Amazon, Hoppr, Browserstack, Reliance via TopTalent.in
- [TopTalent.in] Interview with Ellora Nath who got a Job Offer from EBay
- [TopTalent.in] Interview with Rishav who got a job offer from one of the core companies, Qualcomm
- IVTL Infoview Interview Experience - How I got selected! (BE - 2020 Batch)
- How I got selected in GSoC 2019?
- How I got selected for the TalentSprint Women Engineers (WE) Program powered by Google?
- [TopTalent.in] Exclusive Interview with Prashanth from IIT Madras who landed a job at Microsoft, Redmond